A company that wants to carry out oil and gas works or activities in OROGO’s jurisdiction requires an Operating Licence.
Operating Licences provide the Regulator with general information about the company. They do not authorize specific works or activities.
To apply for an Operating Licence, a company must provide the following information to the OROGO along with a $25 fee:
- Legal name of the company (which will be used on the Operating Licence);
- Name and title of contact person;
- Email address of contact person;
- Mailing address of company; and
- Proof of registration under the NWT Business Corporations Act.
Operating Licences expire on March 31 of each year.
As of April 1, 2021, Operating Licences have been issued to:
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Chevron Canada Limited
- ConocoPhillips Canada Resources Corp.
- Explor Geophysical Ltd.
- ExxonMobil Canada Ltd.
- Imperial Oil Resources Limited
- MGM Energy
- Paramount Resources Ltd.
- Obsidian Energy Ltd.
- Shell Canada limited
- Strategic Oil & Gas Ltd.
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- Repsol Oil & Gas Canada Inc.
- Husky Oil Operations Limited
- Utility Group Facilities Inc.
- Prairie Provident Resources Canada Ltd.
- Aurora College