A company that wants to carry out oil and gas works or activities in OROGO’s jurisdiction requires an Operating Licence.
Operating Licences provide the Regulator with general information about the company. They do not authorize specific works or activities.
To apply for an Operating Licence, a company must provide the following information to the OROGO along with a $25 fee:
- Legal name of the company (which will be used on the Operating Licence);
- Name and title of contact person;
- Email address of contact person;
- Mailing address of company; and
- Proof of registration under the NWT Business Corporations Act.
Operating Licences expire on March 31 of each year.
2021-2022 Operating Licences have been issued to:
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Chevron Canada Limited
- Explor Geophysical Ltd.
- ExxonMobil Canada Ltd.
- Husky Oil Operations Limited
- Imperial Oil Resources Limited
- MGM Energy
- Obsidian Energy Ltd.
- Paramount Resources Ltd.
- Prairie Provident Resources Canada Ltd.
- Repsol Oil & Gas Canada Inc.
- Shell Canada Limited
- Strategic Oil & Gas Ltd.
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- Utility Group Facilities Inc.
- Aurora College